Pickering has been restored to its 1930s splendour although the tearoom (while nice) is not quite Brief Encounter authentic (cappuccino!) although they do make the tea in a pot behind the counter, which is nice.
In fact, one of the best things about this part of the world is that the default teabag of teashops seems to be Yorkshire Tea so even if you don’t go swanky with the leaves you get a superb cuppa.
if you travel on the NYMR in the summer you can pretty much do tea-train-station-tea-train-station-tea-train-station-tea from Pickering to Whitby and then back again in a day. Which I have done. And it was brilliant.
8 Notes/ Hide
- thatukp-body likes this
- freddiefraggles reblogged this from aljohnsonwrites and added:
- aljohnsonwrites reblogged this from idlesuperstar and added:
- deputychairman likes this
- mrpicard likes this
- cinemaocd reblogged this from idlesuperstar and added:
- cinemaocd likes this
- idlesuperstar posted this